2018 - 2019
We are looking for suggestions to increase our cancer screening programme uptake for breast, bowel and cytology. Please contact me with your ideas.
2017 - 2018
Once again thank you to all patients who completed surveys, passed comments or complaints during this year. We are particularly pleased with the comments received regarding the minor surgery clinics. I have attached our report
Patient Participation Report 2017 - 2018
2016 - 2017
Many thanks for all patients who completed surveys this year and the national friends and family questionnaire. These are important for us to make changes to suit the needs of our patients. Each year we address an issue that has been highlighted by patients, either from results of a survey, from patient comments and complaints, a local or national NHS services problem that affects our patients, or a combination of all these issues.
The issues that we have looked into this year are:
1. Educating patients about the appropriate use of the emergency services in order to reduce the pressure on the NHS
2. Introduction of Minor illness clinics
3. Patient access to their test results
Please click the link to view the report
Patient Participation report 2016 - 2017
2015 - 2016
Many thanks to all patients who responded to the information below. Your views have helped change your medical centre.
I am looking for your views regarding the current appointment system at the surgery. Previously patients have suggested using touch screen monitors in the reception area to check in for appointments. Patients have also expressed concern regarding the system of having to either ring at 8.30 am or stand in a queue at 8.30 am for a same day appointment. This is particularly difficult for patients who may be at work, on their way to work or taking children to school. Our on line booking system has addressed these issues to a degree. After listening to patients, we have put the following actions into place:
- Installing 2 touch screen self check in monitors in the reception area.
This will reduce the waiting time to be seen at the front desk, allowing receptionists to answer incoming calls more efficiently, From these monitors, patients will be able to make and cancel appointments and check in for appointments
- Text messaging service. We do have a considerable number of patients who fail to cancel unwanted appointments. We are aware that patients may have difficulty getting through by phone to the surgery to cancel appointments. Our on line appointment booking system has helped with this process, but still hasn’t addressed the problem entirely. Therefore, we are also introducing a text messaging service in the coming weeks, this will send appointment reminders to patients via texts, with the option to text ‘cancel’ if they do not want to keep their appointment.
We would appreciate your views of our appointment system based on your experiences during the last 12 months and the information above.
Please include your opinions of the following if possible:
* Your experience of getting through to the surgery by phone and any experience of booking an appointment on line.
* The length of time you had to wait for an appointment and your experience of booking a same day appointment
* Your opinion of the proposed reception check in monitors
* Your opinion of the text messaging service
* Any other suggestions to help improve access to appointments
Patient Participation Report 2015 - 2016
Sue Lawrence / Practice Manager
Patient Participation Report 2014 2015
Patient Participation Report 2013 2014
Patient Participation Report 2012 2013
Patient Participation Report 2011 2012